Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Stansfield

I've been everywhere there is to go, you know? I've dined with the best, the worst and the Japanese (they are their own terrible, terrible category) and I feel well placed to offer my opinion on everywhere, ever!

- France
I've always had a grudging respect for the French - the wine, the food, the riots - what a marvellous place. I remember having a brief fling with a brother and sister in Paris in the 1960's. No, that was a film. I've never been to France.

- Korea
I spent an evening with Jamie Oliver in Seoul. We both got quite drunk and hitch-hiked up to the Demilitarised Zone. Getting across the border to the North was far less of a problem than we thought it would be, and setting up a chain of 'Jamie's Wildcat Wonderplace' restaurants was a piece of cake. Getting enough lynx and pumas to fill the menu was far, far trickier.

- Australia
A country constructed entirely from low watt lightbulbs and skin cancer. I love it.

- Canada
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! "Ab-oot"! Ha-ha!

- China
A once great country bought to it's knees by poisonous, nepotistic leadership and... Oh sorry - wrong country.

- USA
A once great country bought to it's knees by poisonous, nepotistic leadership and greedy, treacherous businessmen. Second only to Australia in my estimation.

- United Kingdom
Land of Jimmy Nail, The Daily Star, Kwik Save, Catherine Zeta Jones, Millwall Football Club, Hollyoaks, Richard Curtis, Sky TV, Tim Henman, FHM magazine, Ben Elton, The Observer, Emmerdale, Elton John, Tony Scott and rain. Home sweet home!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?