Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Awww... bless.

So Little Bush did his thang last night. Exciting, no? I think there is some difficulty here at the deep end of the Atlantic understanding what in God's name is going on with the State of the Union address. The President stalks out and tells Congress (I believe) what's been going down, what will go down and if going down is due to be outlawed. He tells them the Union is strong and er... I don't get it. I understand that it's one of those things that has to be done but does anyone really give a shit? Its like the Queen's speech at the State Opening of Parliament; no one bar a few politicians and their hangers-on (I'm looking at you Nick Robinson) give a shit what is said 'cos it almost never resembles anything we see in reality or anything likely to happen.

The State of the Union is even more ridiculous because America doesn't really look very united from outside it's borders. Fifty-something different states all with differing laws, ages of consent and everything else. It's a fucking nutjob of a place that is nigh-on impossible to govern, but hey! It's not my nutjob, so what do I matter.

Georgey-Boy asked for a chance to get things right in Iraq, which is quite funny. I can't bothered to explain why. He also said:

"Many in this chamber understand that America must not fail in Iraq - because you understand that the consequences of failure would be grievous and far reaching."

I like this line. I like the little bit of flattery at the beginning; it's the Presidential equivilent of saying "A clever girl like you doesn't need me to explain..." I can imagine the rows of self-important pricks getting all swoony and batting their eyelids. He then says the bit about failure and being grievious and far-reaching. Magic.

30,000 civilians dead in 2006. 3,000 US servicemen dead. 120 UK servicemen dead. The London bombings. The Madrid bombings. All because we invaded Iraq. All because Bush and his buddies are bad men. All because Blair wanted to be a great man. All because people still voted for The Labour Party at the last election. All because we gave these politicians the benefit of the doubt.

Jesus we're stupid.

Iraq Bodycount website



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?