Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Saddam RIP



I'd like to add my reaction to the hanging of a man who, at one time or another, I've called friend. Old Saddam has made his mistakes over the years; no one wanted the kurds dead less than he did, but an uprising is an uprising (or insurgency as we're calling it these days) and you can't allow these things to stand. He was found guilty of causing the deaths of 148 people... how many of us can say, hand on heart, that our own actions haven't had similar outcomes? The CEOs of most train operating companies would be delighted with figures like that. What do we expect from a tyrant? Thank you notes and bank holidays? The position comes with a job description and Saddam filled the position with honour. I do not think he should have hung.

However, I am completely in favour with the manner in which he was hung. Lively, exciting, bit of banter with the audience... marvellous. So glad my cameraman caught it all so clearly.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?